Info: Blog on Digital Collaboration between librarians, archivists, recordkeepers, curators, computer scientists...

Thierry Hamon thierry.hamon at UNIV-PARIS13.FR
Fri Feb 25 21:23:18 UTC 2011

Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 12:04:58 +1030
From: Sue Myburgh <Sue.Myburgh at unisa.edu.au>

APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTINGS

Dear Colleagues
I have recently launched a blog on digital collaboration, particularly
focussing on how multidisciplinary work can be made possible through
increased collaboration and cooperation between the various
disciplinary/professional groups that are involved in the creation of
digital libraries, repositories and digitised cultural institutions.
One of the first hurdles to be overcome is to ensure that we all share
the same understandings of what the various groups mean when they use
certain terms: we need to speak the same language, or at the very
least, 'translate' from one disciplinary 'language game' (as
Wittgenstein might have put it) to another.

I would like to invite you all to have a look, and to comment as you
see fit.  If you would like to write a post, please contact me at this
address.

The more international the readership - and commentators! - are, the
better, so I would much appreciate it if you could forward this email
to interested parties in your language group.  There are translation
facilities available at the blog, and its address is:
digitalcollaboration.wordpress.com .

All the best
Sue

Dr Susan Myburgh
School of Communication, International Studies and Languages
University of South Australia
St Bernard's Road
Magill SA 5076
ADELAIDE

P: 618 8302 4421
F: 618 8302 4745
E: sue.myburgh at unisa.edu.au

Message diffuse par la liste Langage Naturel <LN at cines.fr>
Informations, abonnement : http://www.atala.org/article.php3?id_article=48
English version       :
Archives                 : http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ln.html
                                http://liste.cines.fr/info/ln

La liste LN est parrainee par l'ATALA (Association pour le Traitement
Automatique des Langues)
Information et adhesion  : http://www.atala.org/