Job: Two Postdoc Positions in Machine Learning applied to Natural Language Processing at LIUM, France

Thierry Hamon thierry.hamon at UNIV-PARIS13.FR
Fri Feb 22 20:28:05 UTC 2013

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 16:08:32 +0100
From: Holger Schwenk <holger.schwenk at lium.univ-lemans.fr>

Two Postdoc Positions in Machine Learning applied to Natural Language
Processing

The computer science laboratory of the University of Le Mans (LIUM) has
openings for two postdoc positions in the field of machine learning
applied to natural language processing.  We are particularly interested
in candidates with a proven experience in areas like
  - neural networks
  - deep learning
  - structure learning
  - fast implementations on GPU

Knowledge in one or several of the following application areas is a
strong plus
  - natural language processing
  - language modeling
  - statistical machine translation
  - automatic speech recognition

The postdoc positions are immediately available.  Initial appointment is
for one year, renewable for up to three years. Competitive salaries are
available, including health care and other social benefits.  The working
language is English or French.

LIUM performs research in machine learning applied to statistical
machine translation and large vocabulary speech recognition since
several years. We are in particular working on the use of continuous
space methods.

The postdoc candidates are expected to continue the research along these
lines. Possible directions could be deep learning, unsupervised
training, distributed training, etc. We are also particularly interested
in machine learning techniques involving structured knowledge.  LIUM is
participating in several international projects, financed by the
European Commission, DARPA and the French government.  We collaborate
with leading research groups in USA and Europe.

A large computer cluster is available to support the research (500 CPU
cores with a total of 6 TBytes of memory and more than 130 TBytes of
RAID disk space). We also own a cluster with 10 Tesla GPU cards,
connected by a fast Infiniband network.

Le Mans is located in between Paris and the Atlantic ocean. Both can be
reached in about 1 hour by high speed train. The Loire valley with many
wineries and other attractions is just a short drive away ...

For more information, please contact Holger Schwenk by email:
Holger.Schwenk at lium.univ-lemans.fr

Message diffuse par la liste Langage Naturel <LN at cines.fr>
Informations, abonnement : http://www.atala.org/article.php3?id_article=48
English version       :
Archives                 : http://listserv.linguistlist.org/archives/ln.html
                                http://liste.cines.fr/info/ln

La liste LN est parrainee par l'ATALA (Association pour le Traitement
Automatique des Langues)
Information et adhesion  : http://www.atala.org/