Stereotyping in Anthro and Movies

Craig Berry cberry at cinenet.net
Sun Jan 23 18:48:20 UTC 2000

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000 ECOLING at aol.com wrote:

> My objection was to the overly quick dismissal
> of someone who was criticising a movie.

Probably about time to wind this down; we all seem to have presented our
positions, and we could go around endlessly on this.

Do note, however, that I was dismissing someone's criticism of a movie
*they had not seen*.  Surely criticizing a movie not yet seen has to rank
high on the absurdity scale.

And if you wish to offer criticism on the basis of "well, most movies on
this subject are bad, so this one probably is too" -- well, then, my
friend, you are commiting prejudice and bigotry, just as surely as anyone
else who applies general patterns to specific individuals without further
evidence.

--
 --*--  http://www.cinenet.net/users/cberry/home.html
   |   "The road of Excess leads to the Palace