No subject

Alfonso.Galan at level3.com Alfonso.Galan at level3.com
Mon Mar 20 17:55:43 UTC 2000

It's great to know there are others out there interested in learning
Nahuatl.  Every year in the Spring, I go to Huitzitzilingo, Mexico on a
mission trip.  It is an Indian village and the people have maintained =
the
Aztec culture and language.  I have been searching for some learning
materials for a long time.  I just found two sources:

http://www.umt.edu/history/NAHUATL/gateway.html - The Nahuatl gateway =
has
some very interesting information.  There is a link to books on =
Nahuatl.
Dr. Schwaller can copy (with permission of the author) the out of print =
book
Foundation Course in Nahuatl Grammar.  It's a two volume course that =
focuses
on Grammar but has a lot of basic language also.  I just received them =
and
am very impressed with the content.  I hope to be speaking Nahuatl by =
the
end of the year!

http://languagelab.bh.indiana.edu/ - this is the language lab at =
Indiana
University.  They have three language tapes on Nahuatl.  They are from =
the
same author as the book referenced above but I am not yet sure if they
compliment the books.  The tapes are led in Spanish and primarily focus =
on
Nahuatl grammar.  It's not very easy to understand without having a =
command
over the language....but I hope to get there.

Hope this helps - and please send me any information on reference =
materials
you may find.

p.s.  My email address is about to change so please use the one =
referenced
below for any future communication.  Thank you!

Saludos,
Alfonso Galan
cogalan at msn.com