Calendar

Craig Berry cberry at cinenet.net
Wed Nov 29 22:34:27 UTC 2000

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Matthew Vogel wrote:

> Just a naive question... I heard that the aztec calendar had a definite
> end somewhere in the near future. Is this true?, and if so when would that
> be?

The Aztec calendar is closely related to the Mayan calendar, but the
latter tracks much longer cycles of time.  We hit the end of one such (the
12th "baktun", a period of nearly 400 years) near the winter solstice in
2012.  According to some interpretations this marks the end of the world.
So don't make any big plans for early 2013. :)

--
   |   Craig Berry - http://www.cinenet.net/~cberry/
 --*--  "Here's to the struggles of the silent war,