"La Ley Azteca" - Re: homosexualidad y lesbianismo

La Voz de Aztlan LaVoz at Aztlan.Net
Tue May 22 15:12:23 UTC 2001

Thank you Sr. Jerry Offner:

La Voz de Aztlan thanks you for your thoughtful
commentary. We have been researching the subject
for quite some time and have found little on
the "legal system" of our ancient indigenous
ancestors and specially concerning their judicial
and cultural views on  homosexuality and lesbianism.
You commented that Bernarda Reza Ramirez should
perhaps use "a more modern study". Do you or
anyone else on the list know of any modern
studies on the subject?

Also, does anyone on the list know the Nahuatl
terms for homosexual and lesbian? What Nahuatl
terms were used by the Aztecs to denote the
practices?

Respectfully,

Ernesto Cienfuegos
Editor-in-Chief