icnopilli / icnopilt

micc micc at home.com
Fri May 25 23:04:18 UTC 2001

An aside to Enrique's excellent comment is that the "merecimiento" of la danza
Azteca is also based on adherence to the "ancestral" lineage of a person's dance
circle (las animas conquistadoras de nuestros antepasados). Here is is not only
divine intervention as much as it is the  intercession (and thus merit of the
intercession) of the ancestral spirits that come down into the dancers during the
dance ceremony.  I don't know if that makes any sense....

mario e. aguilar
www.mexicayotl.org