N áhuatl mandatory in public schools in Mexico City

Marcos Villaseñor villas at anawak.com
Mon Aug 20 18:01:56 UTC 2007

That is a debateable point. Mexico has had extraordinary minds who
had official positions in the Government and yet represented the
interests of the nation and the Indigenous population, Narciso
Bassols is a prime example,  Bonfil Batalla another one, he who
faught for Indianismo (as opposed to Indigenismo) while heading the
Instituto Nacional Indigenista.

But they are the exceptions that confirm the rule.

Marcos