Calques in Otomi and Nahuatl

John Sullivan, Ph.D. idiez at me.com
Sun Jan 31 23:05:21 UTC 2010

Piyali listeros,
	I agree with you, David. One very highly regarded tepahtihquetl/xochitlalquetl in the Chicontepec area of northern Veracruz is the otomí, don Juanito. He speaks no Nahuatl, but the form and content of his performance (for lack of a better word) of the tlatlacualtia ceremony in Nahua villages is indistinguishable from that of Nahua practitioners.
John