The verb CEQUI in Karttunen's dictionary

SASAKI Mitsuya hawatari21centuries at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 02:48:27 UTC 2011

John,

I agree. If we assume te:- for this "TE", the following "i" is correctly
predicted. "Teicequiaya" here is used without any overt object noun, so
the only possible interpretation of this verb would be
te:(NonspecO)-(i)hcequia:-ya(IMPF),
the stem (i)hcequia: being a monotransitive applicative-like verb ending
in -ia:, meaning kind of "toast (maize) for s.o."

Mitsuya SASAKI
The Department of Linguistics, the University of Tokyo
ll116003 at mail.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp