temo, temoa

John Sullivan idiez at me.com
Fri Jan 18 23:23:05 UTC 2013

Piyali notequixpoyohuan,
	I am editing a text in Modern Tlaxcalan Nahuatl for publication, and there is something I can't explain. The intransitive verb, "to descend", which according to my logic should be nitemoc (pret), nitemo (pres.) and nitemoz (fut), actually works like this:
nitemoc (pret)
nitemoa (pres.)
nitemoz (fut.)
	What in going on with this mictlantlahtolli? And I've double-checked: that final "c" in the singular preterite really is a "c".
	I know that some verbs fudge around between verb classes depending on the tense (like "to go", for example), but I don't know if there is a better explanation here.
John