[RNLD List] [Job Opportunity] Lead for Global Voices Lingua project, to manage our translation communities and projects

Eddie Avila eddie at globalvoices.org
Mon Feb 7 14:03:16 UTC 2022

Hi all -

Please share with your networks:

Global Voices seeks a person to lead our Lingua project <https://globalvoices.org/lingua/>, which focuses on supporting our community of primarily volunteer translators, who translate our stories into upwards of 40 languages. We are interested in candidates with the following: deep knowledge of translation practices, editorial skills and experience, experience in editorial and advocacy partnership management, community leadership and guidance, project management skills, and facility with WordPress publishing platforms.

The Lingua project collaborates with most aspects of Global Voices activities, ensuring that our work is available in a wide range of languages, advocating for the advancement of the multilingual internet, and helping to conceptualize and run multilingual projects that expand open access to information and knowledge.

https://globalvoices.org/2022/02/03/global-voices-seeks-a-lead-for-our-lingua-project-to-manage-our-translation-communities-and-projects/ <https://globalvoices.org/2022/02/03/global-voices-seeks-a-lead-for-our-lingua-project-to-manage-our-translation-communities-and-projects/>

Eddie Avila
Director, Rising Voices
Global Voices
http://rising.globalvoices.org