[RNLD List] Call for Papers: Where do we need to go from here? A conference on Language Documentation and Archiving

Language Documentation Conference 2022 langdoc2022 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 18:22:35 UTC 2022

Apologies for cross-posting!

*Where do we need to go from here?*
Language documentation and archiving during the Decade of Indigenous
Languages

*05-07 October 2022*
Jointly organised by ELAR <https://www.elararchive.org/> and PARADISEC
<https://www.paradisec.org.au/>

2022 marks the beginning of the UNESCO International Decade of Indigenous
Languages. The decade offers an important opportunity to join forces in the
work of supporting indigenous languages, to further develop practices and
tools, and to extend and strengthen the networks we all rely on. Many
lessons have been learned in the last 20 years of documentation and
archiving, and all over the world activists, communities, researchers, and
artists have developed documentation projects, apps, art installations,
archival collections, films, and multimedia projects telling the many
stories and histories of indigenous languages and their creators and
keepers. This conference brings together people working in this area to
present papers, posters, and conduct training sessions aiming to develop
capacity, present new approaches to documentation and preservation, and
offer models of how we can create, strengthen, enhance, and amplify
language records. The conference will create a platform to bring new ideas
and views together, to share knowledge and to develop the agenda for the
Decade of Indigenous Languages.

We invite the submission of proposals for papers and posters on a wide
variety of topics relating to Language Documentation and Archiving. For
more information on the conference, please see the conference website at
http://langdoc.org/.

The call for papers and link for submissions can be found at
https://easychair.org/cfp/lda2022.

Kind regards,

Leonore Lukschy