[Rstlist] GUM 10 Corpus Survey!

Lauren Levine lel76 at georgetown.edu
Mon Jul 3 15:25:31 UTC 2023

(Apologies for cross-postings)

*** The GUM Corpus - Public Survey ***

*** Georgetown University Multilayer Corpus ***

The Corpling Lab at Georgetown University
<http://corpling.uis.georgetown.edu/corpling/> would like your
participation in this survey
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeujklJN3F_HXAby5IJyljbQUkWcjoN7da3b2125U3THo9a8g/viewform?usp=sf_link>
to help us better understand GUM usage and preferences regarding current
and potential new genres in the GUM corpus, which would be of great help
for our future selection of genres and availability of formats and
annotation layers.

Survey Link: https://forms.gle/y1JCfqkfUZZiGoFy8

GUM is an open source corpus of richly annotated English texts from
multiple genres: academic, bio, fiction, interview, news, travel, how-to,
Reddit forum discussions, conversations, political speeches, CC vlogs, and
textbooks. The corpus is created by students as part of the Computational
Linguistics curriculum at Georgetown University and is available under
Creative Commons licenses. As of now, the GUM Corpus has released 9 series
containing over 200K tokens annotated for multiple layers. For more
information and to search or download the corpus online, see:
https://gucorpling.org/gum/

We value your opinions and appreciate your participation and help! For full
consideration, please respond to the survey by the end of July.

Our lab will be attending the ACL 2023 main conference and LAW XVII in
Toronto, so please feel free to come talk to us if you are in attendance as
well!

Best,

Lauren Levine

--
*Lauren E. Levine*
*Ph.D. Candidate | Computational Linguistics*