Help! Medievalists.

Syeng-Mann, Yoo yoo.3 at osu.edu
Tue Dec 15 17:43:25 UTC 1998

Hi SEELANGERS
I am a Ph.D candidate in Slavic linguistics at the Ohio State University.
Currently, I am working on the linguistic analysis of 15th- and 16th-century
Rjazanian legal documents published under the editorship of Kotkov, S. I.
and Filippova, I.S.(Pamiatniki russkoi pis'mennosti XV-XVI vv: riazanskii
krai, 1978). It
is a collection of many kinds of gramoty.  I am looking for sources that can
be used to indentify the place of origin of these documents, i.e., where the
documents were written or where the scribes are from, etc. Of course, most
of the documents were written
somewhere in Riazan as the title of the book indicates. I am looking for the
ways that I can indentify more specific locations.  There are some documents
that indicate their scribes' names but mostly not. I have a book by
Veselovskij (D'iaki i pod'iachie XV-XVII vv), but not much information
there.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Sincerely

Syeng-Mann Yoo
Slavic Department, Ohio State University
232 Cunz Hall, 1841 Millikin Rd.
Columbus, OH 43210
(Tel)614-292-9827
(E-mail)yoo.3 at osu.edu