Berberova

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Sat Jun 10 23:10:19 UTC 2000

>In a message dated 00-06-08 13:15:23 EDT, Alina Israeli wrote:
><< Berberova whose centenary is being celebrated in the announced
>conference,
> in her eighties refused to watch movies. >>
>
> I must respectfully disagree with Prof. Israeli's assertion about Nina
>Berberova.
>Ms. Berberova and I very close friends for more than 30 years before her
>death
>in 1993.  When she was younger she was in fact an avid fan of movies,

I should have said probably "Russian movies" (I don't know about the rest)
and I did say "in her eighties". My information is not from an interview
but from herself.

Alina Israeli
LFS, American University                phone:  (202) 885-2387
4400 Mass. Ave., NW                     fax:    (202) 885-1076
Washington, DC 20016

aisrael at american.edu