Russian rap and how to get students to study Russian

Kat Tancock tancockk at UVIC.CA
Mon Jun 12 04:02:27 UTC 2000

Well, hopefully in the future there will be more multilingual programming.
One would think that in the age of the golf channel there would be at least
as many viewers for a Slavic channel, even one channel for all of North
America!

One thing I love to show to students is the soap "do svidanya, leto" from
the BBC Russian series - made sometime before I was born, I think! But it's
still popular - it's easy to resurrect old videos these days, because the
retro factor makes them popular with students.

Kat