Russian rap and how to get students to study Russian

Richard Robin rrobin at GWU.EDU
Mon Jun 12 14:28:15 UTC 2000

Well, there's some stuff on the net. Try  http://tsvetkov.ru/media/radio  or
http://www.russianseattle.com/radio_r.htm for lists of Russian radio and TV
stations with webcasts. Russkoe radio (an overloaded site) and
VBC-Vladivostok (never crowded) are good for all-Russian rock and pop. VBC
runs a teeny-bopper dedication-line talk show in the wee hours (their time -
morning/day ET). Ekho Moskvy is all talk. I will be using radio a lot this
fall in fourth year.

RTR (2-программа) and TV-6 and even NTV and a few provincial ststions runs TV
webcasts, but reliability is spotty, especially for NTV which is overloaded.

-R. Robin