research aids

Alexandre Bougakov bougakov at MAIL.RU
Fri Jun 30 09:07:20 UTC 2000

Hello, Emily

> Has anyone ever used any of the services that
> promise to search the Russian press for articles
> on a particular topic?

Try this two services:

http://nel.nns.ru/ (National Electronic Library) and

http://www.shpl.ru/docdeliv/list/info.htm

Try also www.smi.ru ("SMI" - "Sredstva massovoi Informatsii").

Presidential Administration also has its own collection of articles from
hundreds of sources at www.gov.ru/Lib but it has very strange and
sophisticated structure and interface and is very difficult to use.

Cordially,
Alexandre Bougakov <mailto:bougakov at mail.ru>
Student of the sociological faculty of the Higher School of Economics
(http://www.hse.ru/fakultet/sociology/default.html), Moscow, Russian
Federation
My website is http://SocioLink.narod.ru/ (thousands of sociology related
links on the Web
- in Russian, Microsoft Internet Explorer 4 or higher is required)
My PGP key ID is 0x97F20C99, Key Fingerprint is C83C 5998 F43A BEB7 70DF
 B8FC CC5E 960E 97F2 0C99 (PGP version is 6.0.2i)