Russia homestays

Leslie Farmer Zemedelec at AOL.COM
Mon Dec 10 17:28:03 UTC 2001

In a message dated 12/10/1 8:11:12, mllemily at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU writes:

<< Does anyone know of a good agency for Russian homestays? There is one
advertised in Russian Life--"American-International Homestays"--has
anyone tried it? Does anyone have any friends in Moscow who are
interested in having someone stay in their apt.? A student of mine is
going for 3 weeks this summer. I don't know if he wants the homestay for
the whole 3 weeks, though.
    Thanks in advance,
    Emily Tall (mllemily at acsu.buffalo.edu)

Though a non-Russian speaker, I was very happy with my stay in Moscow and St.
Petersburg rooms in summer '99 under the aegis of HoFA (Host families of St.
Petersburg.)  They now operate all over Russian; as I understand it they're
mainly academics who rent out a room, or sometimes an apartment.  Check them
out.

St. Petersburg Host Family Association (fax 275 19 92) : $25-40 for room with
breakfast and shared bath