Arseniev's "Dersu Uzala"

McPherson & Company bmcpher at ULSTER.NET
Tue Dec 11 19:56:32 UTC 2001

I've noted in recent months the listing of several books translated into
English on this list, as well as requests for additional information, so
perhaps it will not be entirely inappropriate for me to mention the current
availability of the Malcolm Burr translation of V.K. Arseniev's Dersu the
Trapper in a quality paperback edition from McPherson & Company
http://www.mcphersonco.com/recovered/dersu.html. This book was out of print
from 1941 until reissued in 1996. We have enjoyed a rather remarkable success
(two printings, a third in the offing), and the book has been found useful in
a number of college and university courses. Anyone requiring additional
information may contact me off-list. In addition, I would be very interested
to receive recommendations or proposals for similar Russian books deserving
English translation.
Bruce McPherson
McPherson & Company