Russian in Tver

renyxa renyxa at REDLINE.RU
Fri Dec 14 08:05:56 UTC 2001

Dear list members,

I am writing to introduce you to the programs of the International
Institute of Russian Language and Culture  (IIRLC). Located in Tver,
Russia, the IIRLC welcomes students from around the world at all levels
of language proficiency to study for between two weeks and an academic
year. As these programs may be of interest to you and/or your students,
I have taken the liberty of sending you some information about them.

In addition to traditional academic year, semester, and
short-through-middle term year-round programs focusing on Russian
language and area studies, the Institute offers special language and
cultural programs during the summer and winter months, as well as
professional practica for journalists, legal professionals, and
translators. All programs include intensive language study, a homestay
with a Russian family, and numerous excursions to places of cultural and
historical interest. Please check our special offer – Winter School of
Applied Russian Language Studies! The School lasts from January 3
through February 22, 2002. As a summertime option we offer a Summer
School of Russian Language and Area Studies taking place from June 18 to
September 7, 2002.

The IIRLC employs a team of experienced instructors who are experts in
teaching Russian as a foreign language at all levels. The core language
program is complemented by a wide selection of literature, area studies,
and civilization courses taught by both IIRLC staff and guest
instructors from Tver State University and elsewhere. In addition to
their classroom studies, students may elect to participate in an
internship in a local company or organization or conduct an independent
research project under the supervision of an academic advisor. Through
our affiliation with Western Maryland College, American students may
receive transferable academic credits for their studies.

The medium-sized city of Tver (population 500,000), located 170 km
north-west of Moscow on the main route between Moscow and St.
Petersburg, is an ideal learning environment. With its numerous
educational and cultural institutions, active political life,
flourishing media, and diversified industries, Tver offers students of
contemporary Russia many opportunities to sharpen their language skills
while enjoying the hospitality of the Russian provinces.

I would be happy to send you more information and correspond with you
further about any of our programs, and can also send you a complete
paper brochure by post on request. Please also feel free to explore our
web site at www.volga.net or contact me at infodesk at postman.ru.

Sincerely yours,

Dr. Marina Oborina
Academic Programs Director
International Institute of Russian Language and Culture
Tver InterContact Group