ESL in Moscow

Katerina P. King kpking at MTHOLYOKE.EDU
Fri Mar 7 19:30:52 UTC 2003

I am copying in a couple of responses I got to a similar query back in
August.
Katya King

   From:
       Janneke van de Stadt <Janneke.vandeStadt at williams.edu>

I remember seeing a posting on SEELANGS from a lyceum in Moscow that was
looking to PAY a teacher of English.  They wanted a candidate for both last
year and the next.  It may be worth contacting them to see if the position
opened up again and/or if they know of similar needs in English elsewhere.

It's a lyceum called "Stupeni," and the email is stupeni at dol.ru

Hope this helps!

Janneke

   From:
       "Benjamin Sutcliffe" <bmsst37 at hotmail.com>

I have taught English in Moscow and Nizhnii Novgorod with English
First--the teachers were paid $600 a month, and received free airfare,
apartment, and visa support. The contact person for EF in Moscow used to be
Tat'iana Shesteperova. I know that BKC House in Moscow is
also hiring.
Your student might also look at Dave Sperling's on-line ESL site: there are
often ads for English teachers in East Europe or Russia. In Russia
you often do not need to be ESL/EFL certified. Your student should also
look at the on-line _Moscow Times_ and _St. Petersburg Times_.
There is a very high chance that he or she will find a job.
Feel free to give my e-mail address to your student.
--Benjamin Sutcliffe

Alexei Bogdanov wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> A friend of mine, a graduating M.A. student, wants to teach
> English in Moscow, beginning this fall.  Does anyone have
> any experience with this, contact information, etc.?  Any
> suggestions or recommendations will be appreciated.
> I vaguely remember a similar discussion some time ago.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Alexei

Katerina P. King, Ph.D.
Assistant Director For Fellowships and Scholarships
Career Development Center
Mount Holyoke College
50 College Street
South Hadley, MA 01075-1456
Tel. (413)538-2080  Fax. (413)538-2081  Home (413)535-0129

  *** To make an appointment with me please call the front desk of the CDC:
538-2080 ***
                My hours during spring semester are: Mo, Tu, & Th 9-1, We, Fr 1-5