Atelje 212

Baturan baturan at SYMPATICO.CA
Sun Mar 9 19:03:45 UTC 2003

Dear Vessela,

You reminded me about the production of Alfred Jarry's Ubu Roi at Atelje 212
in Belgrade between 1965-1973 when I lived in Serbia. Zoran Radmilovic was
one of my favorite actors. Unfortunatley he passed away. Check teatre's
journals "Pozoriste", "Teatar" or "Joakim Vujic" from that period. I belive
that the national TV station (RTS - Radio Televizija Srbije) had a version
of the play shoot in the studio. Unfortunately, I am not sure if that was a
whole play or only sketches. Mabe you could ask someone from the Ministry of
Culture of Serbia. Actually, the Minister of Culture is Radmilovic's colegue
Branislav Lecic. I am sending you their e-mail addresses:
kabinet at min-cul.sr.gov.yu and jasmina at min-cul.sr.gov.yu

Good luck.

Radomir Baturan, Ph.D.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vessela Warner" <vessela at U.WASHINGTON.EDU>
To: <SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2003 11:05 PM
Subject: [SEELANGS] Atelje 212

Dear all,

I am trying to find some good sources for the production of Alfred Jarry's
Ubu Roi at Atelje 212, Belgrade. The play ran between 1964-1973 and had
enormous success for the actor who played Ubu--the nationally recognized
Zoran Radmilovic. I am interested to locate reviews, references, viewers'
reflections, or "stories" about the production, which can give an idea of
its style and political implications.
You may respond directly to me at vessela at u.washington.edu

With much appreciation,

Vessela Warner, Ph.D.