Russian Summer Camps for Children

Andrew John Conovaloff ajconova at STUDENT.GC.MARICOPA.EDU
Mon Apr 5 23:53:53 UTC 2004

In Phoenix AZ we created a Russian Childrens' Center with
classes 2 days a week organized by families to help their
kids retain Russian language and culture. The kids are
from Russian-born immigrant famliles, American husband
Russian-bride families, and American couples who adopted
Russian orphans. See:

http://gecko.gc.maricopa.edu/clubs/russian/rcc/
http://www.azrussiankids.org/

How old are your kids? Maybe you could network with other
Tucson Russian families to organize a group event at least
once a week, perhaps hiring one of the many young
immigrants there to conduct Russian language fun programs.

A better plan is to send the kids home to relatives in
Russia for the entire summer. 2-3 months of immersion
every year will really work.