Seeking partners for study-in-Russia program

Leonard J Stanton stanton at LSU.EDU
Fri Feb 20 03:13:31 UTC 2004

natasha!

i am director of a russian program at louisiana state university, in baton
rouge.

i would have a very difficult time persuading the parents of any of my
students to support them in attending a russian-language program called
"cosmopolitan."  that is the title of an american journal that exploits
young women ("cosmogirls"), and is splosh da riadom poshlost. thus, the
name of your program sounds silly, not serious.

i think many of my colleagues around the country would agree.

i do have students who have mentioned a desire to study in siberia. come up
with another name for your program.  try again.

best wishes,

lenny stanton

From: Cosmopolitan <cosmoschool2 at MAIL.RU>@LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU on 02/20/2004
01:46 AM ZE6
Please respond to Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
<SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU>
Sent by:    Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
<SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU>