Cyrillic from Word/Office 95(7) to XP

Michael Holman mj at HOLMAN52.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Thu Nov 3 15:36:44 UTC 2005

Re earlier message:
 'Dear Seelangers,
> When using Windows 97 I typed out my grandfather's Russian memoirs - and
> much else besides! I have since transferred to Windows XP, but am unable
> to convince the pc to produce the original Cyrillic on the screen. Can
> anyone please help? Although now Emeritus, I would still prefer not to
> have to spend hours retyping...
> Many thanks in advance,
> Michael Holman
> Emeritus Professor of Russian and Slavonic Studies, University of Leeds'

I've discovered what the problem was: my Windows 98 (Office 95 or 97 - not
Windows 97, sorry!) was using a font not available in the new XP software. I
have now managed to import the missing font and have no trouble in reading the Cyrillic documents generated earlier using Office 97. Ura!
Michael Holman