Sexism in Russian language

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere darancourlaferriere at COMCAST.NET
Thu Nov 24 02:43:04 UTC 2005

Have a look at the literature on Russian _mat_ ('mother cursing').  Such
language tends to victimize women, especially the interlocutor's
mother.  In my monograph _The Slave Soul of Russia_  (NYU Press, 1995),
you will find abundant linguistic and other material in the chapter
titled "Is the Slave Soul of Russia a Gendered Object?"

Regards to the list,

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere