National Security Language Initiative

Peter Morley morley at cantab.net
Wed Jan 11 21:15:30 UTC 2006

The United Kingdom's Foreign and Commonwealth Office hires dual nationals for the diplomatic service, although it too says it will sometimes ask those with dual citizenship to renounce their second citizenship. In my opinion, the diplomatic service counts as a national security job.

Details can be found here:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1119530594674

Best wishes,

Peter Morley

Wednesday, January 11, 2006, 11:35:14 PM, Alina wrote:

>> "Do you have dual
>>citizenship, and if so, would you be prepared to renounce your non-U.S.
>>citizenship?" I said yes, I have dual U.S.-UK citizenship and no I wouldn't
>>be prepared to renounce my citizenship.
>>Sarah Hurst

> Do you know of any country that would like to hire a foreign national for a
> national security job? I would be interested to know what country has such
> lax policy.

> Do you know of countries that would hire foreign nationals for government
> jobs of any kind (excluding custodial, and even then)?

> __________________________
>  Alina Israeli
>  LFS, American University
>  4400 Mass. Ave., NW