Study abroad in Lithuania

Zachary Kelly zwkelly at UMAIL.IU.EDU
Sun Dec 4 15:33:23 UTC 2011

This is not directly related, but in preparation for her time abroad the
student may want to consider attending BALSSI, which will be at University
of Pittsburgh (http://www.creeca.wisc.edu/balssi/).

Also, I would have to say, based on my recent trip to Lithuania, that
Russian is very useful for traveling and communication there. I did have
the opportunity to study Lithuanian prior, so it was not in vain that I
would use Russian.

As for programs in Lithuania, the only ones I have heard of are for
Yiddish.  But such a program may be a start in securing a program for your
student.

Zach Kelly
Indiana University

--