Skuka stoit v serdtse - Andrey Platonov's HAPPY MOSCOW

Penelope Burt burt2151 at COMCAST.NET
Tue Dec 6 15:57:59 UTC 2011

How about: "I'm sick at the heart" (cf. the old English ballad Lord Randall)?
And "a child was/got heartsick and died all by himself ("all by himself" sounds like "alone" but the locution is also used when a child first learns to walk "all by himself," without support).

Penny Burt