Eng. translation of 1835 Taras Bulba?

Nicole Svobodny nsvobodn at ARTSCI.WUSTL.EDU
Wed Dec 7 19:22:45 UTC 2011

Just curious: What's the difference between the first version and other
versions? (I also have Taras Bulba on my syllabus for next semester.)

On 12/8/2011 12:48 AM, Anne L Lounsbery wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Does anyone know whether there's an English translation of the first
> version (1835) of Gogol's Taras Bulba? I suspect it's never been translated
> but I'm hoping against hope to be able to put it on a syllabus. Thanks.
>

> Anne
>

> Anne Lounsbery
>
> Associate Professor and Director of Graduate Study
>
> Department of Russian&  Slavic Studies
>
> New York University
>
> 19 University Place, 2nd floor
>
> New York, NY 10003
>
> (212) 763-3341

>    options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at:
>                      http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/

********************
Nicole Svobodny, PhD
Assistant Dean, College of Arts&  Sciences
Lecturer in Russian, International&  Area Studies
Washington University in St Louis

Office: 257 McMillan Hall
Office hours by appointment in online calendar:
https://asapps.artsci.wustl.edu/appts/
password: svobodny

Phone: (314) 935-7682

Mailing Address:
International&  Area Studies
Box 1088 (for packages, instead use: 138 McMillan)
One Brookings Drive
Washington University
St Louis, MO 63130-4899