Dostoevsky's The Meek One from Yale University Press

Alex Rudd alex.rudd at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 19 00:56:53 UTC 2012

Dear SEELANGS Members,

Every once in awhile, someone who is not subscribed asks me to post a
message to the list to let you all know about a new publication or
resource.  As long as the message complies with the list's guideline
on advertising, I will usually post it.  This is such a message.  If
you would like to respond, please do so directly to the sender of the
message (e-mail address below), not to me or the list.  Thanks.

- Alex, list owner of SEELANGS

Hello,

Yale University Press recently published a book edited by Julia Titus
that might be of interest to you.  It's a fully annotated paperback
learner's edition of Dostoevsky's short story "The Meek One" and is
intended for intermediate and advanced Russian students.  In addition
to the Russian text, the book includes an introduction discussing the
story's historical context, literary significance, and critical
response; an extensive glossary and a learner's dictionary; discussion
questions; and vocabulary quizzes,exercises, and self-tests.  The full
description is at this page:

http://yalebooks.com/yupbooks/book.asp?isbn=9780300162325.

You may contact us at language.yalepress at yale.edu if you have
questions about the book.