Translation question: from "Svetlyi prazdnik" by Teffi

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Sun Dec 23 17:11:49 UTC 2012

Thank you to everyone who has answered this question - and yes, John, I like your shortened version very much!

Though I'll probably not be quite so radical in my pruning.  Perhaps this:

"She spun on her heels and left the room, strutting off in the manner of all mistresses who have just quarrelled with one of their servants – sticking her chest out, taking quick little steps yet moving slowly."

All the best, Robert