Histories, memoirs, autobiography, fiction or film about the Soviet war in Afghanistan?

Elena Gapova e.gapova at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 6 20:45:12 UTC 2012

"Zinky Boys" by Svetlana Alexievich (see
http://www.amazon.com/Zinky-Boys-Soviet-Voices-Afghanistan/dp/0393336867/ref=la_B001JOE0N4_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1339015199&sr=1-2)
would be an obvious first choice for me.

Also, there is a chapter on Afghan veterans and soldiers' mothers in
Serguei Oushakin's "Patriotism of Despair."

Elena Gapova