Histories, memoirs, autobiography, fiction or film about the Soviet war in Afghanistan?

William Kerr wdk.ist at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jun 10 14:17:50 UTC 2012

Hello, Nicole ...

Your student would, I am sure, benefit greatly from the book  "Afgantsy:
The Russians in Afghanistan, 1979-89", written by the former British
Ambassador in the USSR, Sir Rodric Braithwaite ..... the beauty of this
work is that it offers very fascinating views into Soviet society during
the Afghan conflict, while at the same time dissects in some detail the war
and the Soviet presence in Afghanistan as seen primarily from the Russian
viewpoint.

Best,

William Kerr
ELC -  Koc Universitesi,