Articles on the Protests in Ukraine

Natalia Pylypiuk natalia.pylypiuk at UALBERTA.CA
Thu Dec 5 19:36:24 UTC 2013

Dear Colleagues,

A much more reliable analyst than Mr. Kolesnik is Josyf Zisels, a former Ukrainian dissident and current member of the Eurasian Jewish Congress.
I invite you to read (and view) in Russian his analysis on the site of the EJC:

Публичная лекция Иосифа Зисельса «Всеукраинское объединение «Свобода»: мифы и реальность» (видео)
http://eajc.org/page18/news41876.html

As to the extremist behaviour that elicited the police brutality in front of the president's administration, there is evidence that these were thugs hired by the regime.
For a more balanced report see:

Anton Shekhovtsov:
http://www.opendemocracy.net/od-russia/anton-shekhovtsov/provoking-euromaidan

David Lawrence:
http://davidlawrence.cc/2013/12/02/live-from-kyiv/

Kind regards,

Natalia Pylypiuk, PhD, Professor
Ukrainian Culture, Language & Literature Program
http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/~ukraina/
Modern Languages & Cultural Studies
University of Alberta