Mikhail Shishkin refuses to represent 'criminal' Russian regime

bela shayevich bshayevich at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 7 17:53:59 UTC 2013

Dear Colleagues,

Although I believe that this has been way too long in coming, I truly hope
to see more people among Anglophone Slavists (and publishers) putting their
money where their mouth is like Gospodin Shishkin:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2013/mar/07/mikhail-shishkin-russia-us-book-expo

Or at least discussing what it means to accept grants from a
Kremlin-financed operation in a public forum.

Respectfully yours,

Bela