Mikhail Shishkin refuses to represent 'criminal' Russian regime (6)

Ainsley Morse ainsler at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 7 21:22:58 UTC 2013

It's clear that Shishkin is not putting his life and career at risk
(and maybe even helping the latter), but it's really cynical and
fruitless to suggest that he should not have made this statement, or
that it will not have any impact in the public consciousness. When
successful mainstream public figures make strong critical statements
against a government that is openly and persistently decreasing
quality of life for most of its citizens (call it fascist or corrupt
and oligarchic), we should praise them and hope to see more such
figures speak out as well.