High school student wants to study Russian

Walt Richmond richmond at OXY.EDU
Sat Mar 29 16:29:16 UTC 2014

Thank you, Emily! I've sent this along.

Best,
Walt

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf Of Emily Saunders
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2014 10:22 AM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] High school student wants to study Russian

I am currently teaching an online Russian course to a bunch of PA HS
students and one Southern Californian student online.  My course "meets"
virtually three times a week, so there is something approximating face to
face time.  Contact pmulroy at blendedschools.net for more info.

I have another colleague who also does the same.  The trick is working the
time zones...

Emily Saunders

On Mar 27, 2014, at 4:35 PM, Walt Richmond wrote:

> I received an email from a parent of a ninth grader who wants to study
Russian as his foreign language here in southern California. Apparently
his school would make some sort of accomodation for credit if he can find
someone to teach him Russian. I'm the only Russian faculty at my college,
so I can't do it. If there's anyone in the southern California area who
has any ideas how I might be able to his this student, could you send me a
message off-list?