Indian perfume set.

R. Rankin rankin at ku.edu
Tue Oct 14 14:05:31 UTC 2003

Sorry -- I don't think I included the whole
cognate set for Kansa 'onion' : Lakota
'sweetgrass'.

Kansa /maNz^aNghe/ : Lakota /wachaNgha/.  That
would be common Mississippi Valley Siouan
*/wayaNghe/ with a meaning involving some smelly
plant.  All but the final vowel a/e correspondence
is completely regular.

My /gh/ is IPA gamma, Lakota orthographic "g".
Nasalization with upper case N.

Bob