...then Ill be quiet

rankin at ku.edu rankin at ku.edu
Tue Oct 28 19:38:00 UTC 2003

> Since I am now being attacked personally . . . .

I do apologize if you feel you've been attacked personally, but I stand
by my considered, professional opinion that modern, descriptive
Linguistics, judiciously practiced, is absolutely indispensible to any
program of adult language instruction.  It's the basis of all the
successful language programs that have evolved worldwide in the past 50
years.  To maintain otherwise is to damage the potential of such
programs to help communities with their language instruction.  Let's
just leave it at that.