butterfly

R. Rankin rankin at ku.edu
Thu Oct 30 15:14:18 UTC 2003

No, Quapaw /piza/  "appears" to be 'dry'.  Just as
/nikka/ "appears" to be 'man, person'.  But this
appearance is just what I'm questioning.  We may
be over-analyzing some of this.  And I don't care
for the idea of turning Quapaw into New Guinea
Pidgin with 'fella' attached to everything.  :-)

You're quite right that the syntax is often funny
in these forms.  I think it's just as likely that
this/these is/are a different /nikka/.  Seems to
me I also have one of the spider terms with
/nikka/ too, but I can't find it right now.

Bob