SW list personal information

Angus B. Grieve-Smith grvsmth at UNM.EDU
Tue Apr 23 09:31:30 UTC 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Susanne Bentele wrote:

> ..com is an ending used in all kinds of countries. it doesn't have to
> be US-specific. a lot of COMmercial companies use this ending [...]

        You and I know that, but does the Humber College listserv software
know that?

> and you can't just re-subscribe with your regular country code...

        People with academic addresses can't.  But Rikki has his email
through Yahoo, which is a multinational corporation and owns the domains
yahoo.com.br and yahoo.co.jp.  If he gets to use one of those domains for
his account, he can subscribe it to the list and be listed as being from
Brazil or Japan.

                                -Angus B. Grieve-Smith
                                Linguistics Department
                                University of New Mexico