Success!! SignWriting with DeafBlind...

Wed Aug 28 00:06:46 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
August 27, 2002

Nancy -
Wow...I really admire your pioneering spirit. And I admire your
Deaf-Blind student too. Please tell her that we are really impressed!

Years ago we discussed raising SignWriting with dots for the
Deaf-Blind, but I was told by teachers of the Deaf-Blind that it
would not work. I suspect you are proving them wrong now, with other
methods....

Which just goes to show that it is the students who teach the
teachers...and it can't hurt to try something new...

Please document your experiences, Nancy - It could be used by
researchers later - Maybe your student can document her feelings
about SignWriting with you - it may be a blessing for other
Deaf-Blind students later!

Val ;-)