SW List technical problems...

Fri Aug 2 02:21:59 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
August 1, 2002

My dear friends -
As you know, we are having technical problems on the ListServe that
services the SignWriting List.

For me to send you this message, I have two alternatives. I either
send it to you (200 members) individually and privately, OR I post it
to the List. The ListServe software will then ask me to "free the
List"....(a technical term in Internet List management). And I know,
if I do that, that once again, you will be bombarded with old
messages from 6 months ago or whatever, because that command is not
working properly. I have not heard back from Paul yet, the List
owner. Paul may be on vacation...

Therefore, I would suggest that for the first two weeks in August,
that we all take a rest. Then, just as soon as the List is working
again properly, I will post a message to you to inform you. I hope we
can be up and running again by mid-August, since I know the school
year begins in Albuquerque at that time.

I truly look forward to sharing SignBank with you in September. The
SignWriting List will be busy in the Fall. Bill Reese and others are
giving advice on what to do about improving our Archives. I am tired
of those advertisements and want to make a private archive, which
Bill has already devoted endless hours to....but for now, let's write
to each other privately...

Thanks for your patience, everyone! ;-)

Sutton at SignWriting.org

SignWritingSite