Sign Spelling

Wed Dec 11 15:57:57 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
December 11, 2002

>Tony asked: I was just wondering if all the sign spelling has to be done manually?....

Hello Everyone and Tony!
Thanks for the excellent questions...I will answer them one by one...

(I just saw that you found the lessons, but for those on the List who are curious...)

The SignSpellings (at this time), are done manually, in SignBank. But once the SignSpelling is complete and saved, then SignBank automatically places that sign "in Sign-Symbol-Sequence" (the equivalent to "alphabetical order" in English).

There are two manuals in the SignBank Lessons to read: "SignSpelling Guidelines" and "SignSymbolSequence".

To download, go to:

SignBank Web Site
http://www.SignBank.org

and click on Downloads!