sw 4 not working with new computer

Mon Jun 3 13:41:42 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
June 3, 2002

Dear SW List, and Ingvild!
Welcome back, Ingvild....you have been missed and I often think about
you! Thanks for your message below. I am so glad to know that you are
working with SignWriting as a part of your research in Norway.

SignWriter 4.4 in DOS works best on Windows 95, 98 or ME. It does NOT
work on Windows 2000, NT or XP. You are right....it freezes the
keyboard.

So yes....get Windows 98 for your research. That is wise. The only
other choice is to use DOS emulation software, such as Virtual PC for
Windows. It is better to use Windows 95, 98 or ME.

In September 2002 I hope to bring out SignBank 2002. It works on all
versions of Windows and Macintoshes. It is best that you purchase
FileMaker Pro 5.5 to make SignBank 2002 run smoothly and quickly. But
SignBank is not a way to "type directly in SignWriting". Typing will
still be done in SignWriter DOS, until around 2004, when I hope to
get SignWriter to work inside SignBank.

Thanks for writing, Ingvild, and good luck with your research!  Val ;-)