dringend: laat u me aub weten of u mijn mail ontvangen hebt

Wed Jun 5 00:01:32 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
June 4, 2002

My dear friends Henk, and Ilka...and Bill and everyone -
Your Dutch translations were wonderful - thanks for taking the time!

Although I speak Danish, obviously Dutch is a very different
language, and there were some nuances I missed, so I do appreciate it!

And guess what - Today I got a second message from the same person,
in Dutch once again (see below). This time, she seems to mention that
the photos are needed in connection with a Fund I have never heard
of...the Beekman Fund and the Cora Project...and she never mentions
SignWriting...so I hope she hasn't gotten us confused with something
else...

Or perhaps there is a Cora Project using SignWriting in Belgium? So
then I started to think...hmmm.....I know that Eline Vanhecke,
Kristof De Weerdt and Mieke Van Herreweghe have been using
SignWriting to record Flemish Sign Language in a new dictionary
project at the University of Ghent in Belgium. Perhaps their project
is called the Cora Project?

And there is an interpreter's group that is using SignWriting in
Belgium, directed by another List member, Christ'l Teughels. So if
the Belgians on the List would like to tell us about their projects,
we are most interested. It has been a long time since we have heard
from you and it would be great to get an update!

Val ;-)