From San Salvador...

Fri Jun 14 02:33:23 UTC 2002

SignWriting List
June 13, 2002

>>Eugenio Gonzalez wrote: Ah!!! Let me tell you that we have created
>>a salvadorean committee for signwriting named: CESS (Comite Effeta
>>para la Signo Escritura Salvadore Qß ) we ±° e so happy and willing
>>to work hardest...

Wonderful, Eugenio! Thank you for telling me about your new Committee
for SignWriting in El Salvador...I will be thinking of you this
summer and I hope your workshop with the Nicaraguans goes well!
Please send my best wishes to your students and co-workers...

Tomorrow morning I start 14-hours a day working on SignBank! - I have
approximately 14,000 (fourteen thousand) GIFs to enter, so that all
the palm facing and rotations of each symbol are in SymbolBank...then
I will enter linguistic pairs of symbols for searching, and then I
will add hopefully around 3000 American signs, and around 100 signs
from other countries...plus re-design our web sites, expanding them,
so we can publish the database on the web - plus add illustrations
and some video clips and animation clips to SignBank too...plus work
on the Instruction Database, so that we can have complete SignWriting
textbooks in FileMaker, published as a database on the web as well.

And some wonderful guests will break the routine in the middle of
July, and I will LOVE having them here...I look forward to meeting
them....

Once again, have a wonderful summer everyone!

Val ;-)
..